To create an inspiring and welcoming cultural hub, providing high quality opportunities for arts participation that everyone across our local communities and beyond can access and enjoy.
Headway Arts have defined a 5 year development encompassing staged physical enhancements to the building complemented by a programme of existing projects and new work informed by the additional capacity the building offers.
During the next 5 years our aims are:
- To purchase the building and hold it in trust to ensure it remains a permanent resource for Blyth
- To enhance and preserve the building’s heritage by creating a modern space within the historical building; preserving its heritage and complementing the conservation area in which it resides
- To maximise its use by the local community through enriching and stimulating creative opportunities
- To establish an inspiring and welcoming cultural hub, a centre for innovation for arts and social inclusion, that explores and practices fully inclusive approaches to engagement in the arts
- To transform and equip the building to create a state of the art venue for the region • To develop an exciting and diverse programme to encourage local participation
- To integrate a new and vibrant home for Headway Arts to consolidate their successes both in the region and abroad
- To develop a sustainable resource for the future of the arts in Blyth.