“Volunteering at Headway Arts gives me a reason to get out of the house and do something that I’m proud of.”
We are always looking for volunteers so whatever your skills set is feel free to get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Example roles / tasks:
- Creative Workshop Support Worker
- Lunch hour cover (support our learning disabled adults over their lunch break)
- Cleaner/ Caretaker (help us look after our lovely old building)
- support specific projects, which in the past has included things like helping us make 600 flags with the local community
- deliver leaflets for us
- transport set & actors
- come along to our events
- share our social media posts
- have your own fundraising events for Headway Arts, or come & help us run ours
Volunteering Case Study
How long have you volunteered at Headway Arts?
What do you most enjoy about volunteering at Headway Arts?
*The people I’ve met there including staff and artists.
*The interactions I have with others.
*Being able to help and support people.
Is there a stand out event/moment?
To be able to support the guys helping them to get ready for a show. Seeing all of the hard work they do and getting to see the final result of it.
What skills have you gained from volunteering with us?
Understanding of people with learning disabilities, specifically how they are no different from anyone else. Volunteering at Headway Arts gives me a reason to get out of the house and do something that I’m proud of.
What do you least enjoy about volunteering? // What is the most challenging thing about volunteering?
I least enjoy and find it challenging when joining in with some of the activities that the group do. I have no talent when it comes to anything artistic!
What are your ambitions for the future?
To continue volunteering at Headway Arts. I have gained confidence and have experienced situations I wouldn’t have anywhere else.